Thursday, December 2, 2010

Jules G.... U are NOT an IM...

NOT an IM. Not at all. And I don't mean IM as in Ironman... no, I'll never be that so you must stop holding your breath. Challenge(woman) in Roth is planned, but that's another blog for another day.

To my point of NOT being an IM: The pool. Good gosh can those Master swimmers IM. They absolutely love it, and I think they are starting to enjoy the site of skinny, wimpy me dying after each set. It's not that I am not enjoying these new challenges, I actually do like doing the butterfly, and believe or not I am quite fast in my breast stroke. They are both great pectoral stretches that I am rather fond of, plus, really, let's be honest- is the butterfly not the sexiest thing one can do alone in the pool? But, after 12X125m IM yesterday(50m butterfly) I admit, once again, I was forced back to a lifeless caterpillar. All my fast legs won't save me this time. It's war with these Masters - I'm reducing my runs to 3 X wk, just to save 1 training session for the pool. I'll lead lane 5 if it kills me!

A triathlete on a mission. Thank the modern day Gregorian calendar that Rev3 Quassy is still many months away, because the Endurance Nation would be quick to point out this is not 'specification' at all.
I've got time. I can do this.... because to make IMPOSSIBLE into POSSIBLE, you must kill the IM.

No comments:

Post a Comment