Sunday, December 19, 2010

Spring Has Sprung Early

This past week has been a week of awakening. I feel somewhat like a phoenix, a post-Moovember, slower, fair weather phoenix- but a rising one none the less. I've had a week of ah-ha moments that have given my mind and body a much needed kick in the ass.
I'm taking flight on new wings, empowered by confidence, moved into an upward motion by the many wonderful people that have come to surround me.

Like a phoenix flying through the tight knit tunnel-type crowds you see in TDF and those famous European races.....people are cheering and pushing and leading and sharing and life is about to get better than better was before.



What made this week so very different from any prior? I asked for help. Plain & simple, "I'm stuck, can you help?" And what I got where so many heartfelt yeses.... it's absolutely amazing! Like the Good Book reads, when 2 or 3 come together for a common goal nothing is impossible!
The finish line is in clear view... it's a tad far, and it's going to take hard work, persistence, a champion attitude and a lot of will; but I'm taking leaps and strides, my lungs are full of fresh air, my mind & muscles are rock solid strong.

Here's the very thing I discovered- owning a business, helping others, building a leadership, training for a race, being an ambassador of good health & fitness, being a mommy and a friend- it's all the same. What applies in one area of my life applies in the others as well.... we don't get anywhere great on our own. We don't achieve greatness all by our lonesome- we all need a solid inner circle. We give out many high 5's on the way to the finish line, many yahoos and sloppy tears- so we must never do so with the all consuming perception that we are alone. We must consciously take with us to every swim, every bike, every run- the philosophy of others, the encouraging words of our hero's and mentors... because that is how greatness is achieved.

Thank you, all of you, for being a worthy hero to me. You are generous and HUGE in your contribution to my season: my business season and my triathlon season. What a successful season it is going to be!!!

Challenge Roth is set for 2012.... hope to see you all in the tunnel of arms and cheers that line my yellow brick journey there!!!


1 comment: